Palmistry is an art form that has been around for thousands of years and one that continues to interest people all over the world, even in our very modern society. Palmistry is relatively simple to learn and will help you to understand yourself better.
How to Read Palms?
“The left is what the gods give you; the right is what you do with it”
Each hand will offer the palm reader different information because the left hand depicts the potential a person holds, whilst the right hand depicts what that person has done with the potential. A palm reader begins by choosing which hand is best to read for the particular reading and then by discerning which type of hand the client has. There are four types of hand;
- Earth hands are typically wide, with square palms and fingers. Characteristically they have thick, rough and calloused skin which is ruddy in appearance and the palm’s length is equal to the length of the fingers. Earth hands usually signify a very practical person who’d rather experience life than read about it.
- Air hands have typically square or rectangular palms with long fingers. Characteristically they have prominent knuckles and dry skin. The palm’s length is generally equal to the length of the fingers. Air hands are deeply intellectual and are always curious and full of ideas. They are usually prone to worry and stress.
- Water hands have typically short and sometimes oval palms with slender fingers. The palm is wider than it is long, with the fingers equaling the height of the palm. Water hands belong to very emotional people that are extremely artistic.
- Fire hands have typically square or rectangular palms that have flushed skin and shorter fingers than most. The palm is usually longer than the fingers. Fire hands are energetic and impatient with little tolerance.
If your hands are usually clammy, you are lazy, but mean well, if they’re hot, you are successful yet wild and insincere. If your hands are usually cold, you are generous.
Each hand has four lines that are used to discern more specific information than the hand type gives the reader, whilst maintaining the more general information of the reading.
- The heart line encompasses all matters of the heart.
- The head line shows the person’s intellect and wisdom.
- The life line is the line of destiny.
- The fate line is read in alongside the life line to show future events.
Reading the mounts on the palm is the next in-depth step in palm reading. At the base of each finger is a spongy pad that indicates some deeper information than the lines or hand type can:
- The Venus mount is the large pad below your thumb. It relates to love, intuition, vitality, sensuality and success. A high Venus mount shows promiscuity and overindulgence, low indicates someone influential and passionate and flat shows those with little to no interest in family life.
- The Jupiter mount sits below your index finger. It relates to personal beliefs and leadership capabilities. A high Jupiter mount shows self-centeredness and a dominating personality, if your Jupiter mount is low, you are intelligent and ambitious, and a flat Jupiter mount means that you lack self-confidence.
- The Saturn mount sits below your middle finger. It shows patience and responsibility. A high Saturn mount shows an often depressed and shy person, if the Saturn mount is low, you are responsible and friendly and if it’s flat, you have a tendency to be disorganised.
- The Apollo (or Sun) mount sits below your ring finger. It shows creative genius and general happiness. A high Sun mount shows extravagance, a low Sun mount shows someone outgoing and a flat Sun mount shows a lack of imagination.
- The Mercury mount sits below your little finger. Mercury shows wealth and intellect. A high Mercury mount can show someone who can be untruthful, a low Mercury mount means you are thoughtful and versatile, and a low Mercury mount shows someone who finds it difficult to communicate.
- The Luna (or Moon) mount starts beneath your little finger and runs along the outside of your hand. The Moon mount shows imagination and creativity. A high Moon mount shows someone highly creative who lives in the clouds. It shows compassion and a strong possibility of psychic ability. A low or flat Moon mount shows someone who mostly lives in their imagination, but hides it well.
A more extensive reading can also include both fingers and finger nails to round off an already in-depth reading that will tell you all you need to know about yourself and more.